Welcome to the first supplement review of the site! I would just like to start by saying that supplements are a wonderful thing, but before anyone should dig deep into their wallets and start buying everything on the market, they must understand their own body and how efficient it can be without supplements.
Most newcomers to the world of fitness feel that buying a garbage bag full of supplements will make them the next Ronnie Coleman - but if your diet and training regiment is lacking, supplements will not be able to help! They are only what they are known as, "SUPPLEMENTS!" - they supplement your training regiment, but they are not designed to replace it!!!!
With that being said, lets induldge into what this product has to offer.Hydroxycut Hardcore
I normally purchase all my supplements from www.bodybuilding.com, but since i am located in Canada, product ordered from down south usually take 2 weeks to clear customs - so i ordered from a somewhat local shop known as http://xtremesportsnutrition.com/store/xtreme_dynamicIndex.asp - about $50 CDN and 2-3 days later i had it in hand!
A very sleak design and 120 liquid filled capsules! Sounds like alot eh? Not likely! The dose is 6 capsules a day - so you've got a 20 day supply - not exactly the best bargain out there. There is also a nice big warning sign on the bottle stating not to go over the reccomended dose of 6 capsules every day- makes total sense when one examines the ingredients list.
I must say that this product definitely does what it is intended for, i wish i took progress pics from the moment i started using hydroxycut hardcore to right now as i finish up the bottle, but i can definitely see my chest looks more cut and my abs are popped a bit further - but one cannot expect drastic changes in only 20 days.
I was at a plateau at around 198 for about a month, no matter how much cardio i tried or how clean i ate i could notsurpass this hump - that is why i picked up this fat burner. The first week being on it i went from 198-194 which was amazing! however the next 2 weeks i have been hovering around 193 and unable to drop any further - i blame this partly on my heavy training regiment, my muscles increasining in size while my body fat continues to drop - once again i wish i took some sort of progress shot or bodyfat test before and after!
There are some side effects to taking it that i have experienced:
- Painful headrushes if taken before lifting weights - the strain of lifting weights seems to cause a blood rush to the head - almost to the point where i have to stop what i am doing and cool off for a few minutes.
- Red stool - this is due to the dye in the liquid gel caps that does not get digested by the body - it simply passes right through, so do not be alarmed!
- There is alot of caffeine, green tea, and othe diuretics - so drinking water is extremely important! Your body could become seriously fatigued if your not drinking several Litres of water per day
With the side effects out of the way, the host of benefits are nice to see:
- A huge rush of energy for the gym, when taken 30 min prior to cardio, i can go faster, harder, and for a longer period of time - this assists even further in the weight loss process
- Some diet suppression - I notice that i am not very hungry and i often have to force my food down the first 2 hours or so after taking a dose of hydroxycut hardcore.
- I have noticed some bodyfat loss on me - while its nothing close to the claimed "decrease bodyfat by 7.9%" located on the front of the bottle, for only 20 days and seeing some results is good enough for me.
Feel free to offer suggestions on my first review!