- Helps to regulate the body temperature
- Maintains efficiency of cells and bodily functions
- Draws sodium out of the body - less bloating!
- Flushes body of toxins and other harmful waste by-products
- Helps in metabolizing fat cells
- Suppresses hunger
Not maintaining an adequate water supply will also have a negative impact on health:
- Body becomes bloated - less water coming in = body holds onto the remaining water it has, and when water is finally ingested, it is also stored in the body.
- Headaches, nausea if left dehydrated
- It only takes a 2-5% reduction in the body's water weight in order to suffer from dehydration symptons - so keep that water flowing!
- Ice cold water is the best water supply to ingest! Ice cold water causes the body to burn more calories in order to heat it up as it passes through your system. Think of it as coolant in an automobile, when you first start the engine the coolant is cold, but as the engine heats up the coolant draws the heat out of the engine. So with the same thinking, the ice cold water draws heat out of the body, and the body is forced to burn more calories in order to maintain a steady temperature!
- Despite common belief, drinking more water will not mean heavier and more bloated, with a steady supply of water, your body will quickly flush your system. However, if water intake is neglected, then your body will go into survival mode and hold onto every last drop of water in your system, causing the bloating!
So keep that glass filled to the brim!