Motivation is the engine behind our efforts, the thing that pushes us to our limits, when its waining there are ways to overcome it:
- Look at yourself in the mirror! Flex for a few minutes, perform a variety of poses, imagine yourself at the peak of your condition.
- Take some pictures, even some in poor or uneven lighting - the lighting will bounce off the very fine detail of your body creating shadows and valleys - when you look at the pictures you will see every muscle! Great motivator!
- Go to the gym! Take a moment and examine the room, look at everyone pouring the sweat out onto the floor to acheive their dream, if these people can do it, why can't you?
- Take a break! Sometimes overtraining will cause burnout in the body, its only natural - take a couple days off, allow your energy levels to return to normal, then start fresh.
- Change your routine - doing the same thing over and over gets boring! Boring leads to no more training - so mix it up! A new routine will create a fresh appeal all over again.